Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS “PROFESSIONAL” COUNSELING?
A Licensed Professional Counselor (L.P.C.) in the State of Texas has a minimum of a master’s degree in counseling or a related field, and has completed an internship under another licensed professional who has had supervisory training. The license is granted upon passing a state board exam to ensure competency. The time spent in training before one can become licensed is approximately 9 years. These professionals comply with state regulations designed to protect the consumer. Annually they are required to obtain 12 hrs. of continuing education to maintain competency.
WHY SHOULD WE CONSIDER YOUR CENTER?
Our counselors carry these credentials, are believers with a keen knowledge of God’s word and demonstrate these principles daily. Result – high standard of care for you.
WHEN SHOULD I SEEK COUNSELING?
These are a few areas we would encourage you to seek help with. This is not all encompassing, if in doubt, give us a call.
- Drastic change in behavior
- Change in sleep or eating habits
- Depression longer than 2 weeks
- Excessive anxiety
- Relationship difficulties
- Various types of addictions
- Life transitions such as retirement
- Acute or chronic illness
- Inability to cope with daily activities
- Strange or weird ideas
- Excessive anger, hostility, violence
- Difficulty dealing with high stress
- Thoughts of hurting self or others
- Unresolved issues (feeling stuck)
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- HHCC is at or below the local cost for these services at 90.00 per hour.
- All major credit cards are accepted along with personnel checks or cash.
- By not processing insurance claims, our cost can remain low. You will be given a receipt with all the needed information your insurance company will require for processing a claim.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
Each session is one hour. Time in treatment varies depending on the level of need and the client’s motivation towards treatment.
WILL I BE LABELED AS “CRAZY” IF I SEEK HELP?
Therapy is widely accepted now. Many seek treatment to grow as a person by gaining life skills, gaining self-awareness, or by obtaining a different perspective. Parenting skills, marriage enhancement or effective communication skills are common request. What can we do for you?
WHAT ABOUT CONFIDENTIALITY?
An L.P.C. is required by law to maintain confidentiality except for reporting imminent danger to a client or others. Release of information may be required by the legal system as in court proceedings. If other releases are needed such as pastoral or insurance companies, your therapist will request your consent in writing. The disclosure will specifically state the nature of the information being released and to whom. You may decline; however, this may affect payment claims.
HOW CAN WE FIND YOU?
We are located on the 410 N.E. Access Road, at the Harry Wurzbach Exit, between Highway 281 and 35.
WHAT ARE YOUR HOURS?
Our hours are by appointment only. We offer flexible hours including night and weekend appointments.